image credit: Ivan KazlouskijWith INFP, it can be hard to tell when they like someone. They’re introverts, so they won’t always show their feelings on the outside. But there are some tell-tale signs that an INFP likes you. Here are 18 of them:
1. You catch them staring at you constantly. Whenever you look up, they quickly avert their gaze and pretend to be doing something else. It’s almost as if they can’t help but steal glances at you whenever you’re around. They’re often not aware they’re doing it. It’s just their way of drinking in your presence and committing every detail about you to memory.
2. They are extremely awkward around you. INFPs are typically social creatures, but they start to clam up and get tongue-tied around you. INFPs may stumble over their words or have a hard time finding the right thing to say. They may get so nervous that they start blushing or sweating, trip over their own feet or spill their drink on themselves when they’re around you.
3. They go out of their way to help you. INFPs are the type of people who will go out of their way to lend a helping hand, even if it’s something that doesn’t interest them. If you need help with anything, they’ll be more than happy to assist you.
4. They always want to know more about you. INFPs are curious people by nature, and they’re especially interested in learning everything they can about the people they care for. They may bombard you with questions about your life, family, interests, and opinions.
5. They open up to you quickly. It takes a lot for an INFP to open up to someone, but if they’re comfortable around you, they’ll start sharing their innermost thoughts and feelings with you.
6. They get jealous easily when you talk to other people. INFPs can be a bit possessive of the people they care for, and they may get jealous if they think you’re paying more attention to someone else. They just want to make sure you still care for them as much as they care for you.
7. They go out of their way to make you happy. INFPs will do anything they can to please the people they care for. If they know you’re sad or upset, they’ll go out of their way to try and cheer you up.
8. They constantly worry about you. INFPs are always worrying about the people they care for, even if there’s nothing to worry about. They want to make sure you’re safe and happy, and they’ll often check in on you just to make sure everything is okay.
9. They always want to be near you. INFPs are happiest when they’re around the people they care for. They’ll often seek you out, even if they’re not sure why they want to be near you.
10. They find it hard to concentrate when you’re around. INFPs may have a hard time focusing on anything else when you’re around. Their thoughts may be consumed with you, and they may have trouble paying attention to anything else.
11. They always want to know how you’re feeling. INFPs are extremely attuned to the emotions of others, and they’re always wanting to check in on how you’re doing. They may even ask you how your day was just so they can get a better sense of how you’re feeling.
12. They get lost in their thoughts about you. INFPs may find themselves daydreaming about you or replaying past conversations in their head when they’re alone. They may even start making up future scenarios in their head, all featuring you.
13. They start to act like you. INFPs may find themselves imitating your mannerisms or the way you speak when they’re around you. They’re not trying to be copycats, but it’s just a natural response to being around someone they admire.
14. They constantly worry about what you think of them. INFPs are always worried about whether or not you approve of them. They want to make sure they’re saying and doing the right things, and they’ll often seek your opinion on things before making a decision.
15. They start to dress differently when they’re around you. INFPs may find themselves dressing nicer or trying to improve their appearance when they’re around you. They want to make sure you think they look their best, and they may even start paying more attention to their hygiene.
16. They can’t help but compare themselves to you. INFPs may find themselves constantly comparing themselves to you, even if they know it’s not healthy. They want to make sure they measure up in your eyes, and they’ll often try to find ways to improve themselves.
17. They have a hard time being around other people when they’re with you. INFPs may find that they don’t want to be around other people when they’re with you. They’d rather just be alone with you, even if it means not doing anything.
18. They’re always happy to see you. They light up like a Christmas tree when they see you, no matter how brief the encounter may be.
These are just a few of the ways an INFP might show that they like you. If you’re not sure if an INFP likes you, just ask them. We’re usually pretty good at being honest about our feelings. INFPs may not be the most expressive people in the world, but when it comes to those they love, they go above and beyond to make sure that person knows just how special they are. So if you’re lucky enough to be loved by an INFP, cherish it – because their kind and gentle hearts are truly one of a kind.
- INFP Strengths: 7 Areas Where INFPs Shine.
- INFP Paradoxes: 5 Contradicting Quirks of the INFP Personality
- INFP vs INFJ: 5 Features That Set Them Apart
- INFP Shadow: The Dark Side of INFP
- 6 Best Paying Careers for the INFP Personality
- The Secret Life of INFJ: 23 Things INFJs Wish People Understood About Them - July 23, 2022
- 7 Signs an INTJ Likes You - July 22, 2022
- 16 Thieves: What Each of the 16 personalities Will Likely Steal From You - July 16, 2022