Getting into a relationship with an INFJ can be challenging. INFJ people are very shrewd and they put careful thought and consideration into personal decisions including who they associate with and open themselves up to. This extends into matters of dating and the process of partner selection where they put their sensitive hearts and emotional well-being on the line.
They do not take romantic relationships lightly and can be very prude and mistrusting of others. They want security and are generally disinterested in casual flings that have no promise for any deep emotional connection. What they want is their special, ideal “forever person” and will patiently hold out until they identify a qualified candidate.
In the MBTI, there is a notion that the ENTP is the best partner in love and friendship for the INFJ. While it is perfectly possible that any pair of Myers Briggs types can build a happy, satisfying relationship, there is reason to believe that certain type matches may fair better than others. Every partnership has it’s strengths and weaknesses and using type theory can shed light on what they are and how to navigate the choppy waters so that the relationship doesn’t end up on the rocks when things get stormy.
Dr. David Keirsey, an American psychologist and author of “Please Understand Me” believed that Rationals (ENTP, INTP, INTJ, ENTJ) paired best with Idealists types (INFP, INFJ, ENFJ, ENFP). Furthermore, he posited that the best match for each MB type was identified by reversing each letter except for the second one. Hence, the best partner for say, an ENTP, would be the INFJ. Their shared preference for intuition, according to Keirsey, indicates a natural and deep understanding of one another that is integral for communication.
Here is a take on how each Myers Briggs type meshes with the INFJ personality based on MBTI type theory.
Please share this post and subscribe for future updates 🙂
- 7 Major Weaknesses of the INFJ Personality
- 6 Excellent Career Matches For INFJs
- 6 Careers INFJs Should Probably Avoid
- 6 Reasons Why INFJ and ENTP Belong Together
- 5 Reasons Why INFJs fall for INTPs
- 6 Reasons Why INFP and INFJ Fall In Love
- How INFJs Show Love & 7 Signs An INFJ Likes You
- 12 Shades of INFJ | Zodiac Signs and the MBTI
- How To Spot An INTP (Plus 15 Brutal Truths About INTPs) - July 4, 2022
- Leo Zodiac Sign: 6 Traits that make them SPECIAL - July 3, 2022
- Sun Opposite Uranus: Natal, Transit & Synastry - July 1, 2022