The following are only a few of the ways in which the Introverted Intuition (Ni) function of a person is misplaced and/or misdirected:
– Superiority/God complex; it’s tempting to believe that having easy access to the overviews and undercurrents of situations places someone above others, but this may only be delusional and foolish – wisdom comes with humility.
– Everything must be part of a calculated scheme and/or further an agenda; while it may be grand to not let time and other resources go to waste, to see everything fall into place and become something greater than the sum of its parts, not everything can or should fit into a vision – some things just have to be allowed or let go of.
– Extreme tunnel vision; keeping focus and avoiding distractions may be necessary, particularly within certain situations that require it, but taking it to extremes in some instances might turn into no more than narrow-mindedness, stubbornness and ignorance.
– Deceit and/or lack of explanation; as a non-verbal process, it may be difficult to communicate and make understandable. However, this does not mean that deceit is more favorable nor that one shouldn’t at least make an effort to illustrate when necessary.
– Demanding profoundness and greatness in all; it’s fine to look for the extraordinary and to also see the extraordinary in the ordinary, but sometimes appreciating (or at least tolerating) the simplicity in the simple things is what can get us through the day.
– Distanced disconnection; detachment and non-attachment may serve well for clarity and impartiality, but too much distance and disconnection might reduce and diminish important matters.
– Apathy due to perceived “sameness’ and “predictability”; believing nothing matters because everything can be stripped down to the same predictable patterns misses the fact that there’s much more, composing all, that can be looked forward to.
– Assuming knowledge and understanding; being able to immediately grasp a concept or the essence of something can seem like a quick absorption of all that it’s made of, but this may be far from being the case and instead only vague knowledge and understanding are reached.
– Erroneous connections and synthesis; just as correlation does not equal causation and outcomes don’t necessarily imply intention, combining and summing up information may result in erroneous assessments when appropriate discernment is not practiced.
– Reactively trusting intuitive callings without insight; learning to hear what hunches are truly trying to say takes introspection and contemplation – without this, inner and outer conditions could get mixed up and be inaccurately read.