12 Types of INFP: Astrology and the Myers Briggs
Before the Myers Briggs gained traction in the world, astrology was king. Perhaps it still is, but it looks as though the MBTI may be in a position to dethrone the ancient pseudoscience in the near future. The Myers Briggs has been growing more mainstream in recent times while interest in astrology appears to be gradually declining. Just compare these two charts from google trends showing the search volume from 2004 to 2016 for keywords “Myers Briggs” and “astrology”.
Nevertheless, while few can deny that the MBTI provides a more credible and psychologically sound system for understanding what makes people tick, it does not account for everything there is to the human psyche. It assesses cognitive preferences but where did those preferences come from?
The 12 zodiac sign archetypes are a bit like caricatures but they tell a different story than what the 16 Myers Briggs types portray. Is it possible that one informs the other? It seems that most people know about the description of their zodiac sign and so it is possible that either through cosmic forces, or cognitive biases, the traits of our astrology sign may become intertwined with our self image to the extent that we subconsciously become more like our sign whether or not we are predisposed to being that way innately (as astrology would suggest).
Within each Myers Briggs type tribe there is a significant amount of variation due to the fact that everything is evaluated on a spectrum. Many people can be borderline; just barely qualifying as one type or another. Could astrology account for some of the variation within types? Maybe an INFP Aries is more combative than an INFP Pisces?
For the sake of speculation, here is an interpretation of how the INFP Myers Briggs personality might vary across each of the 12 zodiac signs.
An Aries INFP is likely to exude an inner strength and presence that makes them appear more confident than other INFPs. They may be compassionate like the typical INFP but their ego and sense of self might be more accentuated. The sign of Aries is associated with independence and carving out a path of one’s own design and these traits are naturally in line with the INFP’s set of traits. This INFP will likely be a bit more tenacious and risk-taking with a willingness to stick their neck out to reap the glory. These folks may be very passionate individuals who want to pursue what they feel strongly about. They may be a bit stubborn and impatient though and inclined to making ill-advised decisions while ignoring the counsel of others. An INFP Aries may possess more courage and drive to actualize their dreams than other INFP types who are known to often procrastinate.
Vincent Van Gogh (INFP born March 30)
Please share this post and subscribe for future updates 🙂
- POLL: WHAT IS YOUR MYERS BRIGGS + ZODIAC SIGN COMBO?
- 12 Shades of ISTJ: MBTI & the Zodiac
- 12 Shades of ISFJ: MBTI & the Zodiac
- 12 Shades of ENTJ: MBTI & the Zodiac
- 12 Shades of ISFP: MBTI & the Zodiac
- 12 Shades of ESFJ: MBTI & the Zodiac
- 12 Shades of ESTJ: MBTI & the Zodiac
- 12 Shades of ESFP: MBTI & the Zodiac
- 12 Shades of ESTP: MBTI & the Zodiac
- 12 SHADES OF ENFJ | MBTI & THE ZODIAC
- 12 Shades of ISTP | MBTI & The Zodiac
- 12 Shades of ENTP: MBTI & the Zodiac
- 12 Shades of INTJ: MBTI & the Zodiac
- 12 Shades of ENFP: MBTI & The Zodiac
- 12 Shades of INFJ | Zodiac Signs and the MBTI
- 12 Variations of INFP: Zodiac and the MBTI
- 12 Variations of the INTP Personality Type
- The Secret Life of INFJ: 23 Things INFJs Wish People Understood About Them - July 23, 2022
- 7 Signs an INTJ Likes You - July 22, 2022
- 16 Thieves: What Each of the 16 personalities Will Likely Steal From You - July 16, 2022