In most cases, ENTPs will be averse to environments wherever creativity is restricted or stifled. ENTPs become stressed when they are deprived of external stimulation, denied autonomy, or are forced to commit themselves to binding decisions for which they have little wiggle room. They are also stressed by environments that do not appreciate their originality and clever ideas.
When stressed, ENTPs will become flighty and will start to look for the nearest exit for fear that their freedom is at stake. They become impulsive and coquettish and justify their behavior so as to avoid perceived entrapment. ENTPs become increasingly defiant as pressure and responsibilities mount while at the same becoming ever more dependent on others to help them with managing various aspects of their duties.
- Lack of external stimulus
- Feeling restricted and controlled
- Having their creativity stifled
- Being forced to make long term decisions
- Working with individuals they view as incompetent
- Having their cleverness go unappreciated
- Having their principles violated
- Working with mundane details
- Overextending themselves
- Excessive flow of exciting new ideas without evaluation
- Increased impatience, irritability, frankness, insensitivity, and debating
- Over-involvement in numerous activities; stretched thin
- Become obsessive, picky, and compulsive
- Withdrawal, immobility, depression
- Excessive and exaggerated worry about bodily sensations
- Irritability, upset about insignificant things
Mounting stress and pressure can lead to a complete and epic unraveling of our psychological fabric that gives way to a side of ourselves that others despise. How we respond to that stress and the types of stress we are sensitive to will vary from person to person. In the Myers Briggs type theory, each personality type manifests signs of stress in ways particular to them and the sources and causes of it will differ as well. Although there are life conditions that everyone finds to be stressful, the stress responses of some types can be triggered by events and circumstances that a different type may experience as desirable and energizing.