The notion that the eyes are the “window to the soul” is a poetic sentiment. However, scientific findings have shown that there is a link between the irises and personality. Apparently, eye color is affected by the same genes that form our frontal lobes and, according to psychologist Natalie Engelbrecht, the eyes may just be the single most revealing thing about a person. Here are some interesting things to know about the eyes:
- People with lighter eyes tend to consume more alcohol.
- Poor social and communication skills may be linked to a mutation in a gene responsible for embryonic eye development called PAX6.
- People with dark colored eyes require less alcohol to become intoxicated.
- Poor eye contact and odd gaze patterns are associated with many psychopathologies including autism, paranoia, schizophrenia and depression.
- Those with densely packed crypts are more warmhearted, trusting and sympathetic.
- Eyes with more contraction furrows are correlated with higher neuroticism and impulsivity.
Now click the next slide to see if you can recognize the eyes of 21 famous people.
- Test Your Knowledge With Our Astrology Quiz! (20 questions)
- POLL: WHAT IS YOUR MYERS BRIGGS + ZODIAC SIGN COMBO?
- Which Zodiac Sign is the Worst?
- Epic List Of 100 Free Personality Tests On The Internet
- 6 of the Most Infamous Cults in History
- 7 of the Worst Pandemics in Human History
- 5 Tips to Avoid Making a Bad First Impression.