As ESTPs’ tolerance of conflict situations is higher than that of most people, don’t be surprised if they see conflict as a challenge or as healthy. Remember that for them, the process of addressing the conflict is as important as the outcome. ESTPs’ comfort with exploring means they will be in no rush to reach closure. ESTPs will express feelings only when they are sure everyone present can be trusted. ESTPs may frustrate others with their seemingly ever-changing rules of engagement. They are acutely aware of where the power lies in any situation and will fluctuate between needing to have access to the power and supporting the underdog. Their intention is to ensure the conflict has been explored from all angles.
- Likely cause of conflict: Challenges to trust
- Desired outcome: Defined process or progression
- Deal with emotions by: Excluding them
- Others’ impression: Catalyst of or contributor to conflict
- Satisfied when: The outcome can subsequently be analyzed