While aware of the emotions involved, they prefer to set these aside so as to allow a healthy and hearty debate. However, this may be done without due regard for others’ feelings, resulting in TPs’ being perceived as a catalyst or creator of conflict. Their attitude toward conflict fluctuates between seeing it as a waste of time and considering it a useful mechanism for working through issues. For them, success in a conflict is about seeking to clarify the situation. As a result, they often subsequently review and analyze matters.
- Likely cause of conflict: Challenges to trust
- Desired outcome: Defined process or progression
- Deal with emotions by: Excluding them
- Others’ impression: Catalyst of or contributor to conflict
- Satisfied when: The outcome can subsequently be analyzed